ML2 OS version: 1.5.0
MLSDK version: 1.5.0

Magic Leap HubVersion 2.0.17.202312111547
Magic Leap Application Simulator Module Version 3.8.0.202312080701
Magic Leap Application Simulator Runtime Version 3.8.0.20231208
Server: 3.8 (built Dec 8 2023), Protocol: 27
ZIF (bundled): Version 0.0.35.20231208
ZIF (runtime): Version 0.0.35.20231208

Hi, . I'm a college student researching AR. In the field I am researching, certain gloves are required to recognize hands while wearing them. But the Hand Trakcing that is currently implemented in Magic leap 2 does not recognize hands with thick gloves on. How can I fix the code to make it recognize my hand even with gloves on? Any help will be appreciated.

Our hand tracking algorithm uses the Magic Leap's B&W World Cameras to detect and estimate the pose of your hands. Our algorithm focuses on estimating a wide range of hands, but it may not be able to track gloves that have complex patterns or are dimly lit.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can use the World Camera sample applications or create a custom app that saves the World Camera images. This way, you can inspect the images and see if the gloves are visible and clear enough for the algorithm to recognize them.

Unfortunately, we do not provide custom tuning parameters for hand tracking at this time. However, we are always looking for ways to improve our technology and support more use cases. If you can share more details about the gloves you are using, such as the brand, model, material, and color, as well as the lighting conditions of your environment, we can forward your feedback to our voice of customer team.

2 Likes