Global Dimmer not working when including Open XR package in the project

Give us as much detail as possible regarding the issue you're experiencing.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.17
ML2 OS version: 1.3.1
MLSDK version: 1.9.0
Host OS: Windows

Error messages from logs (syntax-highlighting is supported via Markdown):

Error: MLOpenXRSetGlobalDimmerFrameEndInfo in the Magic Leap API failed. Reason: MLResult_UnspecifiedFailure 
UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap.MLGlobalDimmer:SetValue (single,bool)

Hello everyone. I have tried implementing a global dimmer slider into my app. I have encountered an error where if I have the Unity Open XR package, the global dimmer does not work and I get the error as stated above. If I remove the Unity OpenXR package it works perfectly. I have also tested this on the ML example project and I have noticed the same issue happens. I noticed that the MLGlobalDimmer has two ways of setting the value, the one with UNITY_OPENXR_1_7_0_OR_NEWER seems to break while the other method seems to work just fine. Is there a way to make the global dimmer work with the Unity Open XR package in the project? Thank you.

Hi @ernestas.milinskas,

Welcome to the Magic Leap 2 Developer forums. We are so grateful to have you here engaging with us.

Regarding the bug you are encountering, I have created an internal bug report and I will report back with any new developments regarding this issue.

Best,

El

1 Like

Has there been any update on this . I see the same issue after upgrading the unity open xr package version

Hi @ernetstas.milinskas,

Would you mind upgrading to the latest version of the MLSDK to see if that fixes it?

Are you trying to set up a cross-platform project?

We have an update coming soon that will fix this issue as the Unity SDK will have support for OpenXR.

Best,

El