Eye Calibration configurations - there is a load/save function?

Hello!
I'm developing apps for magic leap 2 which will be used by several different persons in our department. Since we cannot do eye-calibration every time (i.e: i can't ask a surgeon to waste time in eye calibration during surgical procedures), i was wondering if the Eye-Calibration procedures stores/recognize different people and reload old calibrations. If not, is there a way to save/load eye-calibration data at runtime? Or at least without the need to do it by recalibrating. It can be enough something like: calibrate before, store calibration configuration, load it the day before the use of the headset. Is there a way or a workaround?

Thank you in advance!
Stefano.

Unity Editor version: 2022.3.9f1
ML2 OS version: November update
MLSDK version: November update
Host OS: (Windows/MacOS) Win 11 - Home

Hi @stradiot95,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums. I have consulted our team regarding this question and I will report back to you as soon as I learn more.

Thanks,

El

@stradiot95 Eye calibration data is saved to the user profile on Magic Leap 2. You can create multiple user accounts and each one would be able to have it's own calibration data.

If this workflow is not sufficient for your use case, please let us know. If you have additional information about why loading and saving eye calibration data in a single profile is important we can pass it along to our voice of customer team.

hi @kbabilinski,
good to know! if there is no limit in the number of user account should be good.
But, let me know, if i create several account can i maintain same apps with same permissions?
Eye tracking calibration is needed since i need to maintain the best accuracy for holograms superimposition in our application, but i can't perform eye-calibration procedure on-site the day in which the application will be used, i have to do it before one-time-forever for each surgeon and be able to load it before going to use the device. It would be the only difference between users, no change in apps, no change in wifi settings, no change in nothing else.
Do you think could be good?
An API to load/save eye-tracking parameters would be perfect, maybe creating a dangerous permission like "EYE_TRACKING_SETTINGS" with an eye_tracking_parameters structure which can be GET and SET.

1 Like

Hi @stradiot,

I have brought your request to our voice of customer team and I will be sure to report back as soon as I learn more.

Best,

El

1 Like

Thank you very much.
Now i'm trying to test the solution proposed regarding adding multiple user and doing eye/fit calibration, but.... i cannot find any options about Multiple Users on Magic Leap 2. Where can i find it? (ps: i've turned on developer options)

nevermind, i've seen now that it is a function for the Developer/Enterprise edition. The fact is that we should have it according to our recipt

Here's a guide on using multiple user profiles on the ML2.

Let me know if you have any questions.