Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0-exp.4

I had updated to Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0 exp.4. Can I implement this update?
Please let me know if there is anything I should be aware of when updating.

Unity Editor version: 2022.2.0b4.2768
ML2 OS version:-
MLSDK version:0.53.2

Thanks.
Sadao Tokuyama

2 Likes

Ye, package update but no changelog at Changelog | Magic Leap XR Plugin | 7.0.0-exp.4 :cry:
I am also interested in knowing more :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TheMunk I don't remember doing anything in particular, just opening Package Manager as usual. By the way, I found out about it through github.

1 Like

@TheMunk I have updated to Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0-exp.4 on my end. I verified this by running The Lab 2.0 ZI on my PC, as I do not have a Magic Leap 2 device.
When preview is performed in Unity Edtior, the Game tab will be empty. Therefore, ZI's Device View will only show the objects in the Virtual Room, not the Unity 3D model.
I personally think Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0-exp.4 may have other things that don't work.
I do not recommend updating Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0-exp.4.
By the way, regarding the bug in the following link, updating to Magic Leap XR Plugin 7.0.0-exp.4 has significantly reduced the incidence of the bug.
https://forum.magicleap.cloud/t/running-example-in-planes-with-zi-causes-an-error/704/4

Thanks.
Sadao Tokuyama

1 Like

XR package updates generally go hand-in-hand with OS updates. It is definitely not recommended to update beyond what is officially supported in the Lab 2.0.

1 Like

@cdorff Where can I find the officially supported versions?

We instruct which version to install in the Getting Started documentation:

https://developer-docs.magicleap.cloud/docs/guides/unity/getting-started/import-unity-packages#import-unity-xr-magic-leap-plugin

Future versions will automatically import this package, as it will be listed as a dependency within our NPM distribution package.

1 Like

Do you mean from the next version?

We're hoping for the next version, but it's hard to say right now. The documentation will be kept up-to-date to match.

1 Like